About Us

This is a blog started by the Watts girls as a way to share and publish recipes, craft ideas, and other goings on in our lives. Here we can each follow along with each other (as can our readers) as we embark upon all of our creative endeavors!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Easy, Breezy, Nice and Cheesy

When my friend Erin Powell first moved to Athens to start Pharmacy School (yes, she's a smarty-pants), she invited me over to hang out with her and her awesome son Maddox! She cooked me a yummy dinner (yeah, crazy I know, she's brilliant and a good cook) that has since become a stable in the my cooking menu. It's so simple and SO GOOOOD! Erin has been my friend for a long time and I'm so glad I have her!

Me, Sally, and Erin at a UGA Game

Me and Erin on my wedding day!

I hope you enjoy her yummy recipe just as much as I do!

Fast, Easy, Creamy, Chicken Enchiladas:
4 oz Cream Cheese
2 Chicken Breast
1/4-1/3 of White Onion
4 Flour Tortillas
1 8oz can of Enchilada Sauce
Heavy Whipping Cream (probably about a third of carton?)
Shredded Mexican Cheese (a hand full)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper (Optional)

Cut Chicken Breast into small pieces.


Cook with butter and seasoning of your choice. (I usually sprinkle a little of everything listed above.)


Sliver 1/3 to 1/4 of a white onion, cook with a little butter or oil.


Combine onions, chicken, and cream cheese in bowl.



Spoon out mixture on to your four tortillas.


Roll up the tortillas and place them side by side in an oven safe dish.


Alternate, drizzling with enchilada sauce, then heavy whipping cream, until all the sauce is used up.


Top with shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes (or until all cheese is melted) at 350.



I like to serve them with these:


Why? Because they are also simple and delicious. If you would like instructions, they are as follows: Open can, dump contents in pan, place pan over medium heat, when contents are warmed, they are ready, now eat them :)


Yep, I like a lot of sour cream, you can blame my mama for that one ;)

Until next time, happy cooking and even happier eating!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, those look yummy! And by the way, I love Bush's Grilling Beans. I have had several varieties and they are all yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE when Erin cooks these! Wish she would feel "inspired" more often! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete