About Us

This is a blog started by the Watts girls as a way to share and publish recipes, craft ideas, and other goings on in our lives. Here we can each follow along with each other (as can our readers) as we embark upon all of our creative endeavors!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Frozen Strawberry Pie

Just made a delicious strawberry pie (haven't sliced it yet - just tasted the filling lol!  And, of course, I fell down on the job and didn't make photos as I was making it.  Here's the recipe, and I will post a photo of the final when I get it out of the freezer! There was no direction as to what kind of crust to use, so I used graham cracker.....we'll see and I'll let you know what I think.  I messed up as to chilling the crust too, and that may make a difference in how well it sets.  I got the recipe off "Oh So Shabby" on Facebook.
Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie ~

Ingredients

1 nine-inch deep dish pie shell, well-chilled
...
1 cup whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, well-chilled
1 1/2 cups pureed, sweetened strawberries (strawberries in syrup or strawberries with sugar added

Directions
Make sure the ingredients and the pie shell are well-chilled.

1. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set in the refrigerator to keep cold.
2. Whip the cream cheese. Beat in the condensed milk and strawberries.
3. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the pie shell. If the filling ingredients have been kept cold and you work quickly, the shell should overfill to a slight mound. Immediately stick the pie in the freezer to set. Freeze for four hours or more. Serve frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment