About Us

This is a blog started by the Watts girls as a way to share and publish recipes, craft ideas, and other goings on in our lives. Here we can each follow along with each other (as can our readers) as we embark upon all of our creative endeavors!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cheddar Burger Failure

So, Stephen and I were watching the food network channel and saw these great looking burgers. They were stuffed with cheddar. When they cut them in half yummy melty goodness bubbled out!
I thought they looked great and simple enough, right?
So I added some seasoning to 1 lb of ground beef and got to work. First, I made 8 thin patties. Then I put a pile of cheddar cheese on 4 of the patties and topped then with the remaining four patties, making a sandwich, sorta. Then I mashed around the edges to seal the two patties tightly together making one patty.
I placed these on the already hot indoor grill and listened to them sizzle.
And then....

All the cheese melted out of the burgers and completely filled the grill and even poured over the edges!!! Eeek!
So the burgers were NOT a success. But fear not my friends, I'll try again and post our next attempt.

2 comments:

  1. OMG look at that mess! The dogs must have been going crazy from the smell! At least it was the indoor grill (easier to clean I assume?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it!
    I was tempted to let them lick it up, but I didn't :)

    ReplyDelete