About Us

This is a blog started by the Watts girls as a way to share and publish recipes, craft ideas, and other goings on in our lives. Here we can each follow along with each other (as can our readers) as we embark upon all of our creative endeavors!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Strawberry Jello Cake

This is one of my very favorite desserts to make, so easy and oh so yummy! This year I decided to make it for Easter dinner at my mother-in-law's house... I hope everyone likes it... on second thought, maybe they will all hate and I can eat the whole thing myself. Pass the big spoon my way, YUM!

Ok ok, so for instructions: Start by preheating your oven to 350.



Rinse and dry one carton of strawberries. Obviously this dish is even TASTIER with fresh strawberries, but it's not quite time for that around here... so I settled for the very best Ingle's had to offer me on this Easter Sunday.



Slice the strawberries thin as you can get 'em and cover the bottom of your glass baking dish.



Ok, so I snuck a few slices, what of it? Strawberries are DELICIOUS!

Alright, so then take a can of crushed pineapple, juice and all. Pour it over the strawberries and mix it up a bit.

Man, that smells great...



Now sprinkle on to packages of sugar free strawberry jello.

My camera batteries died so there's no picture of this stage... sorry, I was on an Easter time crunch, no time for waiting on my sweet husband to change out the batteries. But here's a close up from the next step so you can see, sorta. You will completely cover the fruit with the gelatin.



Ok, now add some mini marshmallows. I think you are only supposed to add like a cup of marshmallows but... I really don't know because I usually add half of a 10.5oz bag. This time however, I was talking to Stephen and shooing away the dogs and emptied almost the whole bag in, oops! But Stephen says you can never have too many marshmallows which sounds about right to me!



Mix a box of white cake mix with two eggs and the amount of water directed on the package, no oil.

I forgot the two egg rule this time and added three (which is what the package tells you) but I don't think it will do too much damage, we'll see.



The batter can be a little lumpy, no need to worry. Pour it on top.



Stick it in the oven, doesn't it look delicious!


As a side note, taking this picture is the first time I have noticed there was a light in my oven!!!!! Who knew? It's been out since we moved in I guess, Stephen is going to have to fix that, I'm so excited!



Cook it for 50 minutes, it's gonna smell so good!



The top should come out golden brown and fantastic looking, that's right, fantastic, and the smell should make you drool a little, but just a little, I mean anything more than that is just gross, so don't do that, ok?



And the bottom will be a bubbly and yummy looking!



Now spoon it out and top it with some cool whip and you're in hog heaven. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. And just so everyone will know...WE LOVED THIS CAKE!! When making it, I'll follow the instructions just as you wrote them since the cake was perfect!

    "The mother-in-law" ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job taking pictures for this post, by the way!

    ReplyDelete